Monday, September 12, 2011

AH, poop.

Well people, I'm sure you all know, wherever you are in the world that yesterday was indeed Septmeber 11. I don't really pay attention to these things, but while I was surfing the web yesterday, I saw somewhere that it's been 10 years since the 9/11 incident. Ten years. I thought it was just four or five years ago.. How time flies, ehy? But thats beside the point.
Then I started reading through random blogs, and one of my friends had written about the incident, watching youtube videos of what happened.. and interviews of people that had lost someone they loved. It was such a sad piece of writing.. coming from someone so young. Seriously thumbs up to her. She mentioned watching children as young as 10 years old, looking into the camera, telling us that the world is no longer safe. I'm just thinking..What was I doing when I was 10 years old? Happily playing with my grandma and brothers on the swings in our backyard.. waking up to my dad singing, piggy backing me to the kitchen to eat his pancakes.. thats what. These children.. having to face such a cruel reality so early in their lives.. what the eff.

Ten years later..somewhere, a girl my age would be laying on her bed crying.. mourning the death of her loved ones..longing for them to come back. For the people in her life who left without saying goodbye.
I'm sitting here.. just feeling so pathetic for feeling down about anything in my life at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment