Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Drive

You know what I realised? My first post of 2014 was a rage post. Man. That kinda sucks a big one.. 
All good though, i do what I want!! >:)

I had my first day back at uni today, while everyone is still on holidays. Ah, such is life I guess. Work hard for the things you want right? I really feel like I got slack last year. Very slack. Why? No motivation to do well. Nothing to keep my mind focused, no inspiration to be good at what I do.
I really feel like its the people you hang around that can make the most difference.
Sure, the only person who can change your life is you, blah blah.. but your environment, the people around you, the support you feel, the influence they have on you can have such a huge impact.
I've been hanging around people that I know are driven in life. They know what they want and go for it wholeheartedly. Even if right now they're not yet at their goal, they constantly strive to improve.
Being around people who have such drive and ambition, makes me want to work hard too.
Last year maybe I didn't feel that kind of inspiration. No one to push me, to tell me to work hard, to guide me. Sounds bad cause it seems as though I can't do things right without someone telling me what to do. But no, thats not how I see it. I see it as the extra motivation I need to want to do things right. To want to have a good future, to want to be a good dentist.. to study to be a dentist and not just to pass exams. They're totally different mindsets.
Having these kinds of people around me totally make me a better person. Gahh. So thankful.

Ofcourse I won't automatically be the best student there ever was. I'm sure there will be times I will be slow with study and forget things now and then.. But I think this year I want to do better than just Satisfactory. Or atleast FEEL like I'm better than Satisfactory. Actually retain information for once.

4th year is already busy. I can tell its going to be a tough year. More discipline required! LOL. gg.
No, not gg. it will be good. haha..

Happy new year people. It will be an interesting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment