Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Regret

Have you ever? Ofcourse you have.
Whether its an issue you wished you had dealt with differently, a relationship you wish you hadn't let go of, a holiday you wish you had used to actually do something REMOTELY productive, or even just wishing you had chosen the chocolate cake instead of the stupid blueberry muffin.
I don't think, in my life so far that I have had regret for anything much.. until now.
I get these guilty thoughts running through my mind, telling myself that it was my fault things have turned out this way. Ever thought like this before? Maybe yes, I'm being harsh on myself, but if I don't take responsibility, who will?
So what do you do at times like these? Nothing TO do but to move on.
I guess in a way, if you take a positive spin on those things that you 'regret', you won't so much anymore. For example. I met an asshole about 2 years ago, and me, being the gullible person I am, believed that he actually had feelings for me. Yet after getting close to him, spending hours and hours by his side and thinking we were actually going somewhere in this relationship, I find out from someone else that he already has a girlfriend. Yea, Prick indeed am I right?
You get boys like these ones just about everywhere you look. THEY'RE EVERYWHERE.
At first I felt like crap and just wished and wished I had never set my eyes on him. But then hey, if not for this asswipe, how would I ever have learned? How would I ever have realized that I deserve so much better?

So I'll look on this situation, thinking that although I probably hurt some of those closest to me.. Atleast I know not to do it again.
Next time, take the chocolate cake god damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment