Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Nigeria Please

6Days 'til D-day, so OFCOURSE I'D BE ON HERE PROCRASTINATING MY BIG ASS OFF. Shiet. What is WRONG with me?

What am I going to do? When the best part of me is always you?
What am I supposed to say, when I'm all choked up and you're okay?
LOL lyrics do look funny written out. They sound even funnier in my head when I'm saying it to myself. Which I'm pretty sure I've said before, but why NOT re-iterate?

And so, Ladies and gents, the topic of the day? DRUM ROLL PLEEEEASE... ..no? Okay.
The TOPIC of the day? SOCIAL NETWORKING *gasp*
Why is social networking so god damn addictive? It's the first thing I go to in the morning, and the last thing I check at night. Whether it be Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram or Whatsapp.. I just don't think I could get through the day without it. I literally have to check every single one of them at least hourly, if not less than that. Its something I have come to realize over the past week or so. Unhealthy habit/borderline obsession? I think so.
I guess you would also consider Messaging and texting as a form of social networking too.
Why is it that the instant we hear the notification tone go off, no matter what we're doing, we stop and reach for our phones/laptops/computers/iPads?
I remember my friend telling me that she really dislikes it when she's talking to someone and mid-conversation they just whip out their phones and start texting/facebooking/whatever-people-do-with-wifi/3G. I hear you saying to yourself- "What, Nigeria please, I've never done that." But think about it, YOU HAVE. I shake my head. haha but no. I have to admit, I've done that more than a couple times. And I can't believe that I never stopped to realize how rude it can be, and how bad I look as a friend/person. Might as well just hold your hand up to that person's face and tell them 'sorry, you're not as important as the person I'm facebooking/texting/tweeting right now'.
Well don't YOU deserve a little bit of palm in your face.
And so yea. My resolution as of now? To never do that again. Cause it be bitchin'.
Should probs try not to be so attached to the internet as well. Buuuut... I'll work on that some other time.
For now? Time for me to get cracka'lackin' with my study. Study from now til about midday, then sleep through the afternoon -since I never get anything done in the afternoon even when I try- wake up around dinner time and study again. Ah, SwotVac. You are the pearl in my clam. Wow that sounded slightly dirtier than I had planned it to. Backspace it? Nah ;)

Ps totes screwed for the exams, but hey, who isn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment