Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Oh, The Feels..

Ofcourse there had to be a 4am blogpost SOMEWHERE during swotvac. Although, Swotvac this year for us is a prawny 5 days. How is that remotely enough time for crammage?? No freaking clue.
I'm so tired, Ladies and Gents. I want to sleep, I really do. My eyes are dry, my neck is sore, my back is about to break, my butt hurts from sitting on this hard piece of crap that we call a dining chair. I should have used a cushion. You'd think that my fat arse would be enough cushion to last the study session, but today's Endodontic Adventures have lead me into a 6-hour marathon of lectures.
13 lectures for this topic, each one hour long. Ofcourse, I never do things right, I simply put the settings on Speed x2.0. 6.5 hours? I think I can manage that. But as usual, things never go to plan. Why? Procrastination. It's a serious problem, don't judge me. Suddenly everything other than study seems a whole lot more damn interesting.
So in my 6 hours I'm up to Lecture #8. I'll just put it up to my epic notes that I have taken the time to make. Yea..
4 days left until my first exam. Quite unhappy that they've put the most difficult two topics within the same exam. And then you have useless shit cropped together like Geriatrics and Community dentistry. What the hell even is community dentistry. What in the world is Population Health?
I wish I could answer that question but I really, truly cannot. Why? Because I don't give a chicken in a basket.

So much to study, so little time. As usual, as always. Whats new?

I came across a blogpost, one of the many you can find in 'Elite Daily'. Heaps of blogposts full of assery, but many I find relate to a whole range of situations I have been in, and really make alot of sense. One of them I happened to chance upon was about marriage. 15 Honest Questions The Person You Marry Should Be Able to Answer.

" #13. Will you not allow yourself to let go?

Will your partner take care of him or herself by eating healthy and exercising? Will your partner get regular checkups and take vitamins? This may sound silly, but I’ve seen what letting yourself go can do to a marriage.

Moreover, I’ve seen how not maintaining your health can make the lives of those closest to you incredibly difficult.

Yes, your family should take care of you when you need to be taken care of — but it’s your responsibility first and foremost to take care of yourself. No people should become a burden to those they love."

This was one of the points that really made me stop and think. We're now at the age or at the stage in a relationship where our health and well-being is not only important to ourselves, its even more important to those we love. Those we will be spending the rest of our lives with.
Sure, accidents happen, people get sick. Thats life. But if we can prevent sickness and mortality.. why not?
If not for yourself, but for your partner and family.
No one wants to become a burden to those they love.
So next time when you're working on a ladder and it seems kind of wobbly- get someone to hold it. If no one is there to hold it, find another ladder. Next time your eyes go blurry, go see an eye doctor. Next time you cut yourself, put a bandaid on it.

Sure, there are times when we're too busy to make appointments. But we need to start making our health a priority instead of something we just follow up if or when we have time.
..Now I just need to read this quote to my dad. Hahah

Happy Studying, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment