Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Travel bugs

Holy macaroni, it is hot as a devil's ass.
Last three days it's been a consistent 38 degrees, and that is too many degrees too hot. Hahah
All of  a sudden Christmas is upon us.. yet again! The years just seem to roll past so quickly once you're out of highschool. How has it been 7 years!?! My goodness I'm feeling old right about now.

Not really doing much for Christmas, well we haven't planned anything just yet- I'm hoping to do a Victor Harbour trip again soon, always enjoy the hell out of those trips.
At the moment taking a quick break from packing all my things into boxes to move out of my rental unit, into my friend's house :)
Living alone has been great- don't get me wrong- but sometimes its nice to have people around and not be lonely. Haha..
Won't be for much longer anyway until I return back to Adelaide, but I didn't want to renew another year's contract with this unit incase I don't stay for the whole year.
Coming back around June 2018- thats the plan. But who know's what will happen before that.

Simon and I have booked a trip to Hong Kong in March/April 2018, took off a whole three weeks! I'm already excited even though its so far away. Haha. Last holidays it was Simon joining my family on our family trip, and this time I'm going to be tagging along with his parents :)
I feel like its so important to share time between families so no one is left out. Where possible ofcourse.
I really feel like his mum and I are really bonding alot more. My Cantonese is getting better. Slowly. Hahah I'm just lucky his parents understand Mandarin too so I can sprinkle my god-awful Cantonese with my average Mandarin. Hahah.. its the thought that counts. I'm just glad I can hold a conversation and spend time with them.
But yeah, keen to travel Hongkong/Guangzhou- Everyone says 3 weeks is too long but really how can you explore a whole city in 3 weeks anyway? If you're willing to look, theres always something to discover/enjoy.
Even little old Adelaide. Everyone says there's nothing to do here. But its not just a small town. The surroundings hold so many activities and experiences. Our beaches, winerys, farmlands, open roads.. so much to see, I've been here 22 years and haven't seen everything yet. So 3 weeks isn't too much :)

Hope your week isn't as hot as mine, keep cool guys! Hydration hydration hydration!

No comments:

Post a Comment